• Use different styles of writing suitable for work and everyday life.
• Use reading skills, such as skimming and scanning, to obtain specific information. .
• Speak clearly when presenting information in discussions.
Level 1 & 2 learners will:
• Use different styles of writing both handwritten and word processed for everyday practical purposes, e.g. writing effective letters and emails
• Learn how to make effective use of layout and language features in order to create a range of different texts e.g. emails news articles, reports and reviews.
• Participate effectively in group discussions and give short structured presentations
• Use reading skills, such as skimming and scanning, to obtain specific information
• Use your English skills to conduct small scale projects e.g. writing CVs and designing posters
In order to study on some courses, you may need access to a computer, or tablet plus an Internet connection. These will be required to access to a dedicated Moodle course website for course content and independent self-study. Tutors will also signpost you to other suitable apps and online study resources.