• You must be working in a school for at least 6 hours per week in either a paid or voluntary capacity for the full duration of the course - attendance at the work placement will be monitored
• You must provide Medway Adult Education with evidence of a current DBS check for your work or voluntary placement
• The actual finish date may vary from that given
• This course is accredited and you will be expected to complete all assessments.
• You will need access to a computer with word processing software such as MS Word installed. If you do not have a computer with this at home there are computers available in the local library.
• Every attempt should be made by all learners to complete the qualification within the set guided learning hours and expected completion date, hand in assignments by the deadlines given and complete observations and reflective logs by the mutually agreed date, time and place with their appointed Tutor/Assessor.
• For learners not completing within the set guided learning hours and expected completion date, for whatever reason, further costs may be incurred
You will be required to attend a pre-course meeting to discuss eligibility and assessment before you can enrol on this course. This will be to establish your experience in a classroom setting as a teaching assistant and your current level of English and Maths. Your English will be assessed before being accepted on to the training.
This assessment will establish your current profile in these areas, you will need to hold or be working towards a Level 1 or 2 English and at least a Level 1 maths award (or equivalents), as not only will you be expected to support pupils in these areas, but you will also need to produce personal and reflective writing for your NVQ award. The maths assessment will be undertaken when on programme, (date to be advised by your Tutor)
You should be able to:
• Follow written and verbal instructions
• Plan, draft and proof read your own work
Prosp Anything Else