Courses will take place in our new Gillingham Centre opening in September 2022. We will have an accessible, dedicated kitchen, with brand new equipment. Intermediate cooking skills classes provides an opportunity for people to learn, engage and be inspired by nutritional cookery whilst gaining both essential life skills, confidence-building experiences, developing a deeper understanding of cooking and how to adapt recipes to their liking. Develop weighing and measuring skills with confidence to replicate skills learnt in sessions at home.
This class is specially designed to develop an understanding of food hygiene, advanced knife skills, food storage and safety in the kitchen in a fun, in depth and personalised way. You will also learn how to create delicious recipes using a range of cooking styles that will prepare you for independent life. Plan a meal, prepare and cook it with learners going to the local shops to purchase food items. You will build up a great collection of recipes and techniques to use every day and take away with you at the end of the course.
• Gain understanding and practice health, food and hygiene.
• Use knives, cooking and kitchen equipment safely.
• Create a range of dishes from different cultures, linked to celebrations and events.
• Use a range of preparation, cooking and presentation methods.
• Demonstrate understanding of nutrition, food groups and healthy eating.
• Practice maths skills through weighing, measuring and timing.